This project is a collaboration between FCDS and IUCN Netherlands, with the support of the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation NORAD’s International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI). Its aim is to identify, monitor, and report crimes perpetrated against the Amazon forests, and at the same time uphold the rights and livelihoods of indigenous peoples and local communities (IPLCs) currently under threat in Colombia.
Halt deforestation by publicizing and combating forest crimes, whilst defending and securing the rights of indigenous peoples and local communities in the Colombian Amazon.
- Reduce forest crimes in the Colombian Amazon.
- Enhance the land rights of IPLCs and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in the Colombian Amazon.
- Investigate forest crimes (scale, pattern, and extent).
- Observatory of socio-environmental conflicts for the Amazon (monitoring crime, reports).
- Capacity building (for government agencies, IPLCs).
- Definition and publicizing of reparation measures for IPLCs.
- Disseminate information, bring about change, and draw the public’s attention to the issue.